Our curriculum intent for Art and Design Technology is that every child will:
· Have access to and practise in a variety of techniques to draw, paint and create using pencils, paint, clay and other creative materials for mark making.
· Understand the key concepts of shape, colour, pattern and form in both art and design.
· Study key artists, designers and architecture. Compare the relationships between these and how they forge our environment.
· Explore materials in mixed media concepts and showcase construction techniques.
· Express a consistent approach to self documentation in sketchbooks, with independent studies to record expression and development; enriching their understanding.
· To gain confidence in self reflection and the evaluation of work in progress. To be proficient in the language of such techniques and artists studied in our content.
Drayton Community Primary School is passionate about ensuring that every child has access to rich and deep experiences in art and design. Children will adventure into practices and disciplines, to challenge themselves with a variety of activities and therapeutic practises. Creativity benefits not just our wonderful pupils, but the staff, parents, carers, governors and wider community that surrounds us. Our content is driven by the belief that process-based, art inspired experiences are a crucial way for children to develop analytical thinking and self confidence.
Through the practise of creativity and discovery, we enrich our lives.
The Jazz singer Mose Allison once said: “My definition of jazz is music that's felt, thought and performed simultaneously,” That’s what the freedom of art gives.